Thursday, March 15, 2012

Days Seventy Five and Seventy Six - Las Vegas, Nevada

Friday, March 9th. We did so many things that day. We knew that on Saturday we would have a lot of packing and cleaning to do. We went to lunch at an all you can eat sushi restaurant. I ate two sushi rolls and felt my belly was going to explode. Barry ate FIVE sushi rolls, plus a bunch of other stuff. This is him with one of the last pieces he ate.

After that, we decided to give Charlie a haircut. Its pretty warm in Vegas and our temperatures will only be getting higher over the next few weeks. Poor doggie gets scruffy and hot. Let's do a before and after makeover shot.

Here he is last month....

Here he is post haircut. His pile of shorn hair is hilariously huge. Aunt Judy's dog, Bella, is in the background looking on. The whole time we were cutting Charlie's hair, Bella was staring at us with a confused look. I think that she thought we were causing him pain.

After we gave him a bath, we headed to the Fashion Show mall, which is down on the strip. We wanted to buy Barry a suit for the wedding. While walking around in TopShop, I saw Carrot Top. I would refer to him as comedian to explain to you who he is but that seems a little strong. I mean, he's not very funny. He's a man, I think. He has giant red hair, that used to be naturally red. He looks freaking crazy.

Okay, I just googled him. Here's the best image in my opinion. He's on steroids. He's also had a lot of plastic surgery, apparently, and he's sort of scary.

After we passed him, Barry said, "I'm sure I've said at one point in my life that if I ever saw that guy I would punch him. I feel bad I didn't."

I ignored him.

Later that evening, we went to the Mirage and gambled for awhile. I won but Barry lost, making our total negative $7. The only reason we were there was to watch the volcano show. Most of the casinos in Vegas have some kind of show or attraction. Usually it's kid and adult friendly. Here's a shot of the volcano erupting. Erupting might not be the right word. It's water that glows orange and shoots up out of a faux mountain. Here's a picture, but it's sort of hard to tell what's going on.

On Saturday we had a lot of packing to do. We also spent some time cleaning my Aunt Judy's house since we'd been staying in it for a week and a half! Barry went out to Red Rocks park one last time as well. After we finished all the boring stuff, we went to Red Rock Casino for the last time. I lost $20 immediately, then played for hours on the only other twenty I brought. I ended up leaving with a profit of over $200! Woot, woot!

We went to bed at about 2 a.m. and woke up about three hours later to head east out of Sin City....

No comments:

Post a Comment