Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Six - Arriving in Colorado

We left Des Moines this morning at 8:00 a.m. and headed west!

Barry's mom was super cool and let us use her Marriott reward points for a hotel room last night. I kept saying, "I can't believe people spend $180 for one night in a room!" It was really nice and everything, but good lord. Over the top, Mr. Marriott.

This is the sunset on our way into Des Moines last night.



When we were driving into Colorado this afternoon, we could see the mountains progressively better. I got some photos and I'm working them into a display for tomorrow. Beautiful.

Here's a video of the narrows we drove through on the way to Glen Haven. Sorry if you get dizzy :)


I'll be back tomorrow with more pictures.  We drove for about ten hours today and I can't think clearly enough to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment